AIDA contributes to growing the numbers of Indigenous doctors by promoting medical careers and pathways. We support Indigenous medical students through their learning journey into a rewarding career in medicine, all the way through to fellowship. We engage with Indigenous communities and encourage our young people to consider a career in medicine. AIDA also supports Indigenous medical students and doctors to participate in leadership and development opportunities throughout their journey. Most importantly, we provide collegiate support and mentoring in a nurturing and culturally-safe environment. AIDA is well situated to create opportunities across niche areas to give greater opportunities for young doctors to increase diversity in the medical profession. As a member-based organisation, AIDA constantly works for the benefit of our members.
These are the benefits for Indigenous Medical Doctor Members, Indigenous Medical Student Members, Associate Members and Student Associate Members:
- Networking and professional development opportunities through six members’ networking events annually and the annual AIDA conference;
- Reduced registration costs at our annual AIDA conference;
- Discounted Qantas Club membership through our corporate scheme;
- Opportunities to have input on policy submissions and advocacy opportunities (Indigenous Medical Doctor Members and Associate Members only);
- Opportunity to be a part of the Student Representative Committee (Indigenous Medical Student Members only);
- Fortnightly eNewsletter, Ward Round, featuring AIDA secretariat updates, industry news, AIDA member stories, and scholarship, funding, employment and bursary opportunities; and
- Assisting AIDA to reach parity of Indigenous medical students and doctors.
These are the benefits for Organisation Associate Members:
- Opportunity to sponsor networking and members’ networking events – six annually throughout Australia;
- Opportunity to sponsor and exhibit at our annual AIDA conference – 250+ medical student and doctor delegates in attendance;
- Receive our fortnightly eNewsletter, Ward Round, which features AIDA secretariat updates, industry news, AIDA member stories, and scholarship, funding, employment and bursary opportunities;
- Opportunity to promote any of your organisation’s scholarships, employment notices or bursary opportunities to our members (at editors discretion) via our fortnightly eNewsletter, Ward Round – sent to 430+ industry members and stakeholders; and
- Opportunity to align your business with an organisation dedicated to reaching parity of Indigenous medical students and doctors.
To become eligible for an AIDA membership, an individual or organisation must be nominated by a current Indigenous doctor or student member. For more information on memberships and membership types, go to the Eligibility page.
|Indigenous Medical Doctor Member||$100||$200|
|Indigenous Medical Student Member||Free||Free|
|Student Associate Member||$35||$70|
|Organisation Associate Member||$100||$200|