Location – Canberra
The purpose of the Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association (AIDA) is to contribute to equitable health and life outcomes, and the cultural wellbeing of Indigenous people, by reaching population parity of Indigenous medical students and doctors, and supporting a culturally safe healthcare system.
This fulltime position is responsible for building and strengthening the AIDA membership base and the engagement and participation of members in AIDA programs and activities. You will have the ability and responsibility to:
- Lead AIDA membership and engagement
- Oversee the functions of the AIDA Membership Committee
- Develop AIDA member benefits and packages
- Oversee membership engagement growth and renewals
- Coordinate membership networking events
- Facilitate membership mentoring opportunities
- Manage and maintain membership data
- Coordinate the research and writing of good news stories on AIDA’s members.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of current and historical issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders on key issues using a variety of media (in collaboration with the Communications Officer)
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain data through a range of IT systems
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs, web-based and social networking programs.
- Experience in CRM and database platforms
- Self motivated with ability to set and meet goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in membership engagement, business development and/or relevant social or political sciences or related fields
- Experience in NGO sector or health.
Applications close Midnight Friday, 22 February 2019.