Deputy CEO (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identified)
Location – Canberra
The purpose of the Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association (AIDA) is to contribute to equitable health and life outcomes, and the cultural wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, by reaching population parity of Indigenous medical students and doctors, and supporting a culturally safe healthcare system.
An opportunity has become available for a suitable candidate to join AIDA in the important role of Deputy CEO.
Working closely with the CEO, to be successful for this position you will have the ability and be responsible to:
- Lead the implementation of AIDA’s strategic policy agenda through supporting the team in developing policy submissions, positions statements and briefings
- Develop and maintain political engagement and representation on behalf of AIDA, along with political engagement strategy and written correspondence as required
- Oversee the development of the AIDA research agenda in collaboration with the AIDA Board and working with research partners
- Lead the engagement and support of AIDA’s members across Australia
- Provide organisational leadership in CEO absence
- Provide a culturally safe and inspiring leadership
- Supervise and manage three direct reports – Policy & Research Manager, Corporate Services Manager and Executive Officer
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of current and historical issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- Proven organisational and leadership skills
- Proven people management and engagement skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Self motivated with ability to set and meet goals
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively across all areas of business
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Established political network in Canberra
- HR and change management skills
- Experience in NGO sector or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
To apply for this exciting and rewarding opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to Marie Ball at email@example.com. Any questions please call Marie on 0401 295 118.
Applications close Midnight Friday, 7 December 2018.