AIDA’s purpose is to contribute to equitable health and life outcomes, and the cultural wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. We do this by striving to reach population parity of Indigenous medical students and doctors, and supporting a culturally safe healthcare system.
AIDA’s vision is for an Australia free from health and life outcome inequities between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians. Indigenous health innovation exemplifies excellence in health and leads the nation in improving health and life outcomes for all Australians.
Our values are to:
- be respectful of our connections to the past, present and future
- pursue social justice, Indigenous and human rights
- maintain cultural integrity, honesty, transparency and respect
- foster the highest standards of professionalism and excellence.
- Grow Indigenous doctors
- Shape health outcomes
- Communicate and celebrate
- Culture and traditional knowledge
- Best practice and sustainability
AIDA is a registered Company Limited by Guarantee with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, pursuant to the Corporations Act.
AIDA acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands across Australia on which our members live and work, and to their Elders and ancestors, past and present. We pay respect to the Ngunnawal people as the Traditional Owners of the land on which AIDA’s office stands.