AIDA’s purpose is to contribute to equitable health and life outcomes, and the cultural wellbeing of Indigenous people, by reaching population parity of Indigenous medical students and doctors, and supporting a culturally safe healthcare system.
AIDA’s vision is for an Australia free from health and life outcome inequities between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians. Indigenous health innovation exemplifies excellence in health and leads the nation in improving health and life outcomes for all Australians.
Our values are to:
- be respectful of our connections to the past, present and future
- pursue social justice, Indigenous and human rights
- maintain cultural integrity, honesty, transparency and respect
- foster the highest standards of professionalism and excellence.
- Grow Indigenous doctors
- Shape health outcomes
- Communicate and celebrate
- Culture and traditional knowledge
- Best practice and sustainability
AIDA is a registered Company Limited by Guarantee with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, pursuant to the Corporations Act.