Notice is hereby given that the Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association Limited (AIDA) will hold an election to fill vacant positions on its Board of Directors at its 2017 Annual General Meeting (AGM) which will be held on Wednesday 20 September 2017, at the Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort, Pokolbin in NSW.
Call for nominations
In accordance with Article 46 of AIDA’s Constitution, nominations are invited for the following Board positions that will become vacant at the 2017 AGM:
- Vice President
- Three director (Graduate) positions; and
- Director (Student).
In accordance with Articles 46(a) and 46(b) of the Constitution, only AIDA members who meet the following criteria are eligible to be appointed as Directors of AIDA:
- Indigenous medical graduate members who have been a financial member for at least eighteen (18) consecutive months prior to their nomination; and
- One current Indigenous medical student member may be appointed to the position of Director (student). Except where no person wishing to be the Director (Student) meets the criteria, the company must only elect a person as Director (Student) if that person has acted as a University Representative for at least one year. A “University Representative” is considered to be representative elected or agreed to represent the Indigenous medical student members from a particular university on the AIDA Student Representative Committee.
In accordance with articles 63(a) and 64(a) Constitution, in addition to the above criteria, only members who meet the following criteria are eligible to be appointed to the position of President or Vice President:
- Except where no person wishing to be the President meets the criteria, the President must be a Director who has served at least two (2) consecutive years on the Board of AIDA at any time since its inception as a corporate entity
- Except where no person wishing to be the Vice President meets the criteria, the Vice President must be a Director who has served at least two (2) consecutive years on the Board of AIDA at any time since its inception as a corporate entity
Nominations that do not strictly meet the above eligibility requirements will not be accepted.
The nomination process
In accordance with Article 47(a)(iii) of AIDA’s Constitution, a nomination form containing:
- The details and signatures of two (2) nominators;
- the details and consent (by signature) of the nominee to act as a Company Director; and
- nominees are encouraged to provide a signed written statement (no more than 300 words) covering a brief biography, and their relevant skills and attributes which constitute the nominee’s qualifications for the position of Director. A photo of the nominee (300dpi at 5.5cm x 4.5cm) should also accompany the nomination form.
The nomination form accompanies this notice. Alternatively, members can contact the Secretariat and have a copy of the nomination form emailed, faxed or posted to them personally.
The AIDA Constitution is available on the AIDA website.
Information about Director’s duties and obligations is available here.
Completed nomination forms must be received by the Corporate Services Manager at the AIDA Secretariat no later than Wednesday 16 August 2017 at 5pm EST. Completed forms may be submitted by:
- Post: to PO Box 3497 Manuka ACT;
- Fax: to (02) 6273 5014;
- Scanned email: to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Hand delivery: to the Corporate Services Manager, AIDA, 18 King George Terrace, Old Parliament House, Parkes ACT 2600.
Late applications will not be accepted.
For further information on the 2017 AIDA election, please contact the Corporate Services Manager at the Secretariat by email to email@example.com or 02 6273 5013 or 1800 190 498.