What We Do
The Australian Indigenous Doctors' Association:
- provides collegiate support for Indigenous doctors and medical students;
- advocates for the health and wellbeing of our people;
- works closely with medical schools to support Indigenous medical students and assists medical schools to become culturally safe environments for Indigenous medical students;
- works closely with non-Indigenous medical and health bodies to encourage institutional change in relation to Indigenous health;
- provides expert advice to government, medical and education sectors, in relation to Indigenous health issues;
- maintains strong links with Indigenous communities to ensure AIDA policies, projects and events are culturally relevant.