Why should I become a financial member of AIDA?
As a member you receive the following:
- Regional collegiate activities including dinners, working groups, practical assistance and other social events;
- Voting and speaking rights at the AGM (Indigenous Medical (Graduate and Student) Members only);
- Access to members-only section on the AIDA website;
- Access to AIDA resources and support from the AIDA Secretariat and Representatives;
- Blackchat Newsletter & weekly electronic Newsletter – Friday Flyer;
- Reduced registration for AIDA Symposium;
- Opportunities for students to apply for financial assistance (scholarships) to attend AIDA Symposium and AGM;
- Medical school entry and support information for Indigenous medical students across all Australian universities;
- Collegiate and professional links with medical schools and university Indigenous [health] support units across Australia;
- Input into AIDA representation at local/State/Territory and Commonwealth levels on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, education and workforce issues;
- Mentoring, networking and career development opportunities;
- Formal membership certification & membership promotional pack;
- Links with international Indigenous Doctors associations including Te ORA (Maori Physicians Association), A ha Hui o na Kauka (Native Hawaiian Physicians Association), Indigenous Physicians Association of Canada (IPAC) and the AAIP (Association of America Indian Physicians) and and Taiwan (MIAPT).
Membership benefits are only available to financial members of The Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association Ltd.