What makes you eligible to become a member of the Company?
To be eligible for membership of the AIDA Company, an individual or an organisation is required to be nominated by a current Indigenous Medical Graduate or Indigenous Medical Student Member of the AIDA Company and fall within one of three categories:
- Indigenous Medical Graduate - Definition outlined in Article 13(a) of the Constitution
- Indigenous Medical Student - Definition outlined in Article 13(b) of the Constitution
- Associate - Definition outlined in Article 13(c) of the Constitution, and includes:
- Indigenous students who are enrolled in the preliminary component of a dual degree, inclusive of a medical degree or a pathways program into medicine
- Other Indigenous or non-Indigenous students
- Other Individuals or organisations
Associate Members are individuals and organisations who are deemed by the Company to be supportive of the aims and objectives of the Company and include non-Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations.
From 2014 onwards, the cost of membership will be:
- Indigenous Medical Graduates - $100
- Indigenous Medical Students - $35
- Associate Members:
- Students - $35
- Other - $100